Sunday, February 11, 2007

Trader Joe's

Several months ago, Trader Joe's opened their first store in NC...and it's just a couple miles from my house. I had heard of it before, but I really didn't know anything about it. I thought it was going to be like Fresh Market and Whole Foods: specialty foods at a high price. I was so wrong. The prices are fantastic! It's not nearly as big as I expected, but they have great food and I love the prices.

Some of my favorite finds thus far are the whole wheat bagels (both the large and the small ones), goat cheese pizza, cinnamon raisin granola, mache (it's lamb's lettuce...little tiny dark greens), lemon dill marinade (yummy on fish), gnoche...well, I could keep going. hee hee.

People are coming from all over the state to visit this great grocery store. Therefore, at certains times, it's PACKED! People filling up their cart(s) with lots of items, including the "2 buck chuck" wine. It's $2.99 a bottle and is apparently quite tasty.

Anyhew, I love Trader Joe's. Everytime I go, I see something new that intrigues me.

2 comments:

Grace said...

even out here where there are tons of trader joe's, it's ALWAYS packed! it is awesome though! i've been telling my mom about it for years now, and now she can finally go there!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...you love the goat cheese pizza? I had wanted to try it. So now I think I will! LOVE TJ's! I enjoy ANY of their breads, chicken satay, soy crisps, and this yummy flat pretzel chips to dip in hummus.