Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My weekend in Black Mountain, NC

I had a wonderful weekend on my retreat. We stayed at YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly in Black Mountain, NC. We had three adorable cottages that each had four bedrooms, a den, a kitchen and one bathroom. Chris & I had our own porch off of our bedroom, where we HAD to go out and read in the rockers. Hee hee! The mountain breezes were so refreshing, and it was nice to get away.

Laura Petherbridge was our speaker, and she was great! She gave me a lot to think about, and I look forward to listening to her CDs I bought...to remind me of the lessons she taught us on Friday and Saturday.

I took care of the Praise & Worship music for the weekend and everyone seemed to really like it. That made me happy. :)

I took Monday off so I could recoup from the retreat. I like to have a day to just chill before returning to work...after spending four days with a bunch o' people. And, the Fall retreat tends to be a bit emotional, so it's nice to relax and ponder after that, too.

Everytime I'm in the NC Mountains I remember just how much I love it up there. So beautiful. So relaxing! I've been there several times this summer, and I can't wait to go back again soon!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

The mountains rock!

Jen said...

they sure do rock...and we had a blast that summer, didn't we?!?! xoxo