Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Gods In Alabama

I have book club tonight and Ellen picked a GREAT book called Gods In Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson. It is laugh out loud funny and a quick read.

Arlene is from Alabama and does NOT want to go back. When she left 10 years ago, she promised God three things: (1) that she wouldn't sleep around anymore, (2) that she wouldn't lie anymore and (3) that she would never return to Possett, Alabama. Well, she is being coerced by family to return for a gathering. AND her black boyfriend, Burr, wants to go with her. The majority of my laughter came from the fact that Arlene's boyfriend is black and she is from a not so open-minded family. SO funny. Their ignorance and banter is hilarious. I really liked the characters and the story kept me intrigued.

Please read it!!! Then let me know what you thought of it!

No comments: