Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ah! What a relaxing weekend!

I spent SUCH a relaxing weekend with Ellen, Laurie, Christy, Kim & Paige at Oak Island. We drove down on Friday, and even though it was raining and the wind was CRAZY...we went out to dinner and then went back to our awesome oceanfront house and hung out.

Saturday morning after breakfast, we headed to Southport for shopping and lunch at Provision Co. Then the real fun began...we never left the house again until we headed home on Monday morning. We frolicked in the ocean for a little while, then...we put on our PJs and stayed that way. Yippee!

Throughout the weekend, we watched 7 movies, 3 episodes of Big Love and we all read quite a bit. I finished two books I had started before the trip. I love reading early in the morning, so I took full advantage of that each day!

Sitting out on the porch in a rocker was my favorite activity...especially early in the morning. The wind & the waves & the clouds & the blue sky. Seeing the sunrise. I was absolutely in awe of God's creations. Tearfully amazed. It was so peaceful and calming.

I had forgotten just how breathtaking sunrises and sunsets are at the beach. It was nice to head outside in the evenings and watch a beautiful sunset with my friends. My camera got a workout this weekend! I can't wait to scrapbook my memories!!

Laurie! Watch out for the dolphin!!

No comments: