Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mitch & Jodi

I finished two books this weekend. I read the last 1/4 of For One More Day by Mitch Albom and the last 3/4 of Songs Of The Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult.

Oh, Mitch. I loved Tuesdays With Morrie and The Five People You Meet In Heaven SOOO much. I have to say...I was disappointed with For One More Day. I like how he pulled it all together at the end, but I really was quite bored during the majority of the book. I would love to hear your thoughts if you've read it. Perhaps I was just expecting too much because I loved his other books so much. Sigh.

Now, you all know I love me some Jodi Picoult. I've now read 6 of her 13 books. I hope to finish the other seven in the next few months. Songs Of The Humpback Whale is Jodi's first novel, and I really enjoyed it. It is written in the same fashion as My Sister's Keeper (amazing book, by the way. Faye! Why haven't you read it yet?!?!?). You hear the story in five different voices. The same scenes from many different perspectives.

It was wonderful to read so much this weekend. It inspired me to take more time at home to read...not just before bed.

Do you have any recommendations of books for me to read? I only have 10 books out from the library right now. Don't you think I need a few more? :)

No comments: